1 large mango, peeled, cored, and diced
¼ red onion, finely chopped
2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Juice from ½ lime
¾ teaspoon Serrano chili (or jalapeno), seeds and pith removed, finely minced
½ red bell pepper, diced
¼ teaspoon sea salt
4-6 oz. salmon filets, skin on
Sea salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. To prepare the salsa, combine mango, onion, cilantro, lime juice, chili or jalapeno, bell pepper, and sea salt, stir and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350° F and place rack in the center position.
3. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper.
4. Heat oven-safe pan on cooktop on medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
5. Add enough oil, so the bottom of the pan is coated and allow to get hot.
6. Carefully place salmon on the pan, skin side up. You want to hear a “pshhhh” sound when you place the salmon on the pan.
7. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the salmon is golden and crispy.
8. Gently turn skin side down and sear for 1 additional minute.
9. Now transfer pan to the preheated oven and bake for 8-12 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the salmon.
10. When done, remove from oven, top with mango salsa, and serve!
Inspired by The Organic Kitchen
Contact Us Today at Lifetime Wellness Center NW. We would love to hear from you!
Give us a call(206) 409-9447
Send us an email[email protected]