2 pounds wild halibut fillet, skin-on
1 cup spinach or arugula leaves
3 large cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
¼ cup toasted hazelnuts
2 T. pumpkin seeds
Splash of hot sauce
1 cup basil leaves (save the stems)
¼ to 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan or chèvre cheese (optional)
2 teaspoon lime or lemon juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Rinse halibut fillet and pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Place remaining marinade ingredients in the bowl of a food processor or blender to make halibut pesto. Blend until coarsely chopped (the consistency should be similar to that of fine pickle relish). If the mixture is a little dry, add a bit more olive oil.
3. Coat halibut about 1/4-inch thick with pesto mixture.
4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or up to overnight.
5. Place halibut, skin-side down, on a hot grill.
6. Scatter basil stems around halibut. They will burn and create a little smoky flavor.
7. Cover the grill and cook for 15 to 20 minutes (depending on the thickness) or until the halibut is just opaque and the sections of meat start to slide apart when pressed gently. (Don’t overcook; halibut will continue to rise in temperature after you take it off the grill.)
8. Scoop the halibut off its skin and place on a warmed plate.
Inspired by www.pccmarkets.com/recipe
Contact Us Today at Lifetime Wellness Center NW. We would love to hear from you!
Give us a call(206) 409-9447
Send us an email[email protected]