1 lb. uncooked chicken breasts, cut into tenders
1 ½ cups almond flour
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
¼ cup tapioca starch
½ cup honey
1/3 cup hot sauce
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and trim off any overhanging edges.
3. Add almond flour, sea salt, and fresh cracked pepper in a bowl and stir to combine.
4. Place eggs in another bowl with a splash of water and whisk together.
5. Place some tapioca starch in a separate bowl or small plate.
6. Dip the chicken tenders, one at a time, into the tapioca starch, then into the egg, then into the almond flour. Lay the chicken tenders on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
7. Optional step: Let the coated chicken rest for 30-60 minutes in the refrigerator before baking it. This step will help the crust stick to the chicken.
8. Bake the chicken for 25 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown.
9. While the chicken is baking, prepare the sauce. In a small frying pan over high heat, bring the honey, hot sauce, and garlic powder to a boil then set aside.
10. When the chicken has finished baking, remove it from the oven and turn the oven to broil. Dip each of the chicken tenders in the sauce then lay them back on the baking sheet. Save the extra sauce.
11. Put the chicken back in the oven for 2-5 minutes for the glaze to caramelize slightly. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t burn.
12. Baste the chicken with any extra sauce once they come out of the oven then serve immediately.
Inspired by The Endless Meal
Contact Us Today at Lifetime Wellness Center NW. We would love to hear from you!
Give us a call(206) 409-9447
Send us an email[email protected]