2 Tbsp. coconut or olive oil
1 green onion, chopped
Large handful fresh spinach
2 to 3 large eggs
2 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk
Unprocessed salt and black pepper to taste
Prepare the Filling:
1. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in 8-inch pan, add green onions and sauté briefly 1 minute. Add spinach and cook ½ minute to barely wilt, add salt and pepper to taste, and set aside on a plate.
Make the Omelet:
2. Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a bowl. Whisk in the milk, salt, and pepper.
3. Using the same pan, heat another 1 Tbsp. oil over medium-low heat. When a drop of water sizzles when flicked on the surface, pour in the eggs. Turn down the heat and cover. Do not stir. Just let the eggs cook for about 1 minute until bottom starts to set.
4. With a heat-resistant spatula, gently lift one side of the omelet without breaking it and allow the liquid egg to flow underneath into the bottom of the pan. Cook until it is just golden brown on the bottom and barely cooked on the top, about 2 minutes.
5. Add your filling. Spoon it into bottom half of the circle of eggs. Gently slide the omelet onto a plate, filled side first, folding the other half as you go. Enjoy!
Contact Us Today at Lifetime Wellness Center NW. We would love to hear from you!