2 cups sweet potatoes, diced
1 Tbsp olive oil, plus sea salt for potatoes
3 cups kale, chopped
1 Tbsp olive oil, plus sea salt for kale
2 cups brussels sprouts, shredded
2 cups red cabbage, shredded
¾ cups cashews
1/3 cup dried tart cherries, no sugar added
2 ½ Tbsp lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground stone mustard
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons date paste honey, or maple syrup
1/3 cup light flavored olive oil or avocado oil
1. Preheat oven to 425°F .
2. Drizzle olive oil and salt over diced sweet potatoes and spread in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Roast about 25 minutes, until browning and soft.
3. Place cashews on a separate baking sheet and roast for the last 6-7 minutes with the potatoes, or until toasty; sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
4. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt over kale and massage for about one minute until desired texture is achieved. Add shredded brussels sprouts, cabbage, roasted cashews, cherries, and sweet potatoes.
5. For the dressing, place all the ingredients in a tall container and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
6. Toss the salad with the dressing and serve right away or refrigerate until ready to serve. This salad can be prepared and dressed a day ahead of time without a problem. Enjoy!
Inspired by: Paleo Running Momma
Contact Us Today at Lifetime Wellness Center NW. We would love to hear from you!