1 medium butternut squash (2- 2.5lbs), peeled, seeded, and chopped into 2-inch chunks
3 Tbsp. coconut oil melted
2 cups white onion, roughly chopped
½ Tbsp. garlic, diced
4 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon salt
2 ½ teaspoon yellow curry powder
¾ cup coconut milk
cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine butternut squash with 2 Tbsp. of melted coconut oil and toss until coated.
- Spread the squash evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes or until fork-tender.
- While the squash roasts heat the remaining 1 Tbsp. of melted coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add in 4 cups of chicken broth, salt, curry powder and the roasted squash. Simmer until the squash begins to break down, about 10 minutes.
- Using a large spoon, break down the squash and mix until well combined.
- In batches, transfer the soup to a high-power blender and puree until smooth. (An immersion blender will also work.)
- Pour the soup back into the pot and stir in the 3/4 cup of coconut milk.
- Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!
Inspired by: https://www.foodfaithfitness.com/butternut-squash-soup-curry/