2 lbs. asparagus
1 onion, chopped
2 Tbsp. olive oil, lard or other cooking fat
5 cups chicken broth
½ cup full-fat coconut milk
¼ teaspoon lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut asparagus stalks into 1-inch pieces.
2. In a large pot over medium-low heat, melt 2 Tbsp. cooking fat. Add onions and cook until translucent and soft.
3. Add asparagus and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Slowly add chicken broth to the mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper. Allow mixture to simmer, cover and cook until asparagus is tender, approximately 15 minutes.
5. Remove soup from heat and blend until smooth.
6. Return soup to low heat. Whisk in coconut milk and remaining cooking fat.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Inspired by: https://paleoleap.com/creamy-asparagus-soup-caesar-salad/
Contact Us Today at Lifetime Wellness Center NW. We would love to hear from you!