2-3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
3 Tbsp ghee or avocado oil
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp tapioca flour or arrowroot flour
3 ½ cups chicken broth
¾ cup full-fat coconut milk
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1 ½ teaspoons stone ground mustard
Juice of half a lemon
4-5 oz. fresh baby spinach, chopped
1 14 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Prep all ingredients and have them ready to go before beginning.
2. Heat a stock pot over medium heat and add the ghee or avocado oil. Add the onion and stir to coat. Cook 2-3 minutes until soft and fragrant. Add the garlic, season with sea salt and pepper, and cook another minute until fragrant.
3. Sprinkle the tapioca or arrowroot flour over the onion mixture and stir until incorporated. Then slowly add the broth, stirring continuously. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. The soup will thicken as it cooks.
4. Once boiling and consistency has thickened, reduce heat to a simmer and stir in the chicken, coconut milk, nutritional yeast, mustard, and lemon juice. Gently increase heat to medium and cook 3-5 minutes.
5. Stir in the spinach in batches, then add the artichoke hearts and simmer another 2-5 minutes to allow flavors to combine. Taste to season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve hot and enjoy!
Inspired by Paleo Running Momma
Contact Us Today at Lifetime Wellness Center NW. We would love to hear from you!
Give us a call(206) 409-9447
Send us an email[email protected]