6 slices bacon (uncured, sugar free)
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast (halved to make cutlets)
Salt and pepper to taste
3 Tbsp avocado or olive oil-based mayonnaise
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon paprika
1 cup tomatoes, diced
2 green onions, finely sliced with whites
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 avocado, chopped
1 head of romaine or butter lettuce for wrapping
1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and allow to cool on a paper towel lined plate.
2. Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and place into the pan with the bacon drippings. Cook 3 minutes per side over medium heat, or until the inside is no longer pink. Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together mayo, lime juice, garlic, and paprika. Set aside.
4. Once the chicken and bacon are cool, chop into ½-inch pieces and place in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, green onions, celery, and avocados to the bowl and quickly toss to evenly distribute the ingredients. Pour the mayo mixture into the bowl with additional salt and pepper to taste and toss again to coat.
5. Serve the salad immediately or allow to chill in the refrigerator up to an hour. Spoon the salad into 2-4 lettuce cups per person.
Inspired by Fixed on Fresh
Contact Us Today at Lifetime Wellness Center NW. We would love to hear from you!
Give us a call(206) 409-9447
Send us an email[email protected]